Wednesday 5 September 2012

Going on a European Adventure

So, in 6 hours i will begin my journey to live in North-West France. I'm excited, tired and nervous. Tired because packing is a pain. I have 2 bags equalling 37kg give or take. What is weighing so heavy? Is it the Xbox? I bet it is. Hopefully, i'll be able to shed some stuff as i go along, clothes, toiletries etc. I have most definitely overpacked, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Nervous, well that's because i don't know what to expect with my "apartment" There are some very nice rooms, but i suspect i won't have a top-end room. As long as there is a bed and a semi-decent kitchen(ette) i can live with it.

Excited because there is a whole world to explore! I hope someone comes to visit me, or i am able to see someone somewhere else in Europe not only because it would be great to see familiar people but because meeting in a foreign country sounds so exhilarating! I have several goals for my time in France, but the most important ones would be:

1. Getting a good degree out of all this
2. Getting enough work experience to begin phase 3 of the life goal achievements
3. Become mightily proficient in the local language.

I admire people who can speak more than one language, and there is no way i am passing up the opportunity to not only learn and immerse myself in the lingo, but to become one of those people i admire.

I'll post a photo of me before i leave on my instagram, and i'll do one tomorrow too, just to contrast the trauma of leaving home (again) and becoming a foreigner!

No comments:

Post a Comment