Saturday 8 September 2012

Need to get better at French.

I thought the French i did know would at least make sure i didn't die while i got better at it, but i am way out of my depth with anything advanced. I realise i really need to step up the learning. Luckily, everything seems to close on a Sunday so i will dedicate that time to pounding through some language tapes, or least being able to identify words. My pronunciation is the worst bit i think. I was in a Tabac (newsagents) trying to buy a water and the shopkeeper couldn't understand me saying water (eau). I was really embarrassed, i didn't think my French was that bad!

I think I'll get better at French through shame rather than any desire to learn it, which is a horrible thing to say as i definitely want to learn, I wouldn't be in France if i didn't want to learn French, but i would want to save more embarrassment more than anything.
                     
                                                                            . . .

After talking to an upstairs neighbour of mine, i think i have fully decided where I'm living isn't going to cut it for the 9+ months i may be here! I have to wait for my paper work to arrive at where I'm staying at the moment, but i think my upstairs neighbour and i will look into getting a place closer to town. (which may not necessarily be cheaper, but it will hopefully be bigger, and have things like an Oven, Toaster and Kettle).

I will definitely do a post tomorrow with a tour of my residence, along with what i feel about it, so it's all together in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment